Sunday 11 December 2016

Clothes Show

So, as I posted on my Instagram and Snapchat, last weekend I went to the Clothes Show in Birmingham. I was lucky enough to
be granted a press pass, which meant that I had access to some amazing things! This was the 27th and final Clothes Show in the NEC Birmingham, and my second time of attending. Here’s what I thought…


Well first of all I arrived a little bit late (I spend a good few hours getting ready!), but when I got to the press lounge, all the staff were so friendly and helpful. This was my first blogger event so I was a little bit lost, but there was a great team of people who accommodated me! Sparkling Ice drinks and popcorn were available, so of course I had a few! In the Bloggers Bar, I had a look at the SS17 collection from Freya Lingerie and it was gorgeous, I can’t wait for it to be released. I got a lovely lilac babydoll, as well as a few other goodies. 

The shopping area was amazing, there was so much that I wanted to buy! In the hair and beauty section, there were brands such as Spectrum, Barry M, Nanshy, Mark Hill Hair, and so many others! There was also a free photo booth at the Feel Good Drinks
stall, where I tried out a few of their drinks. Some other brands that were exhibiting included Gymshark, Pretty Lavish, Dress Like The Celebs, WAH Nails, In The Style, and Neon Rose. Shopping was amazing and I can't wait until next year, where it will be even bigger!  

I got so much stuff, some of it from goody bags and some that I bought. Most of what I got was makeup, including a bundle from Barry M and some Nanshy makeup brushes. I also bought plenty of sweets and fizzy drinks, as well as a bunch of magazines! Glamour were offering an amazing goody bag with £100 worth of hair and beauty products for just £9! Unfortunately they had sold out by midday, but I've ordered one and I am so excited for it to arrive, along with my subscription.

Speaking of Glamour magazine, Jo Elvin gave a talk about how she founded Glamour UK. She revealed that in 2017, they will be permanently getting rid of the travel size magazine, which I am pretty sad about. :(

The fashion theatre show was so good, on the Saturday it was presented by TOWIE's own Mark Wright. It was an amazing
performance, which began with high street styles compiled by presenter Mark Heyes. The show was aptly named Rock The Runway, and brought together both fashion and music. Over 40 international models and dancers took part, along with some newly discovered musical acts. Overall it was an amazing experience, and I can't wait until it is bigger and better next July in Liverpool!

– Jemina XO






1 comment:

  1. I went to this as a trip back in College and thought it was good. I was overwhelmed by all of the stalls and brands there. It's cool the hear about it from a blogger point of view as I haven't seen a blogger write about it before.

    Gives me some throwback memories, nice post.

    April x
    http://blog.avril-marie.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete